As promised, here are the directions for yesterday’s post. To create the gift box follow the steps below:
Begin with a 4 5/8″ x 5 1/2″ piece of Whisper White card stock and score at 3/4″on all four sides. Notch scored lines as shown in photo. Add multipurpose liquid adhesive to tabs and attach to the longest side on the inside of the box bottom.
2. Cut two pieces of Whisper White card stock 5/8″ x 3 7/8″ and two pieces 5/8″ x 3″. Emboss each with the Tasteful Textile Embossing Folder. Apply each to the outside sides of the box bottom with multipurpose liquid adhesive.
3. Cut a 3 3/16″ x 5 1/16″ piece of Soft Suede card stock and score at 1/2″ on all four sides. Notch scored lines as shown in photo above. Apply multipurpose liquid glue to the tabs and attach to the longest side of the inside of the box top.
4. Cut two pieces of Soft Suede card stock 3/8″ x 3 1/16″ and two pieces 3/8″ x 3 15/16″. Emboss each with the Tasteful Textile Embossing Folder. Apply each to the outside sides of the box top using multipurpose liquid adhesive.
5. Cut one piece of Whisper White card stock 3 1/16″ x 3 15/16″. Stamp in Soft Suede using the Birch Background stamp. Roughen edges with a pair of paper snips and curl up top left and bottom right corner. Attach to the top of the box with multipurpose liquid adhesive.
6. Die cut one each of the three largest poinsettia petal layers using Blushing Bride card stock. Make sure to tape the scored insert to the die before cutting to achieve the scored lines on each petal. Gently curl up each side of the petals and sponge the edges with Whisper White ink. Attach petal layers together with a dimensional between each layer. Apply a beaded pearl to the center using a mini glue dot.
7. Die cut three small leaves with Mint Macaron and three berry sprigs with Silver Metallic from the Poinsettia Dies. Cut one leaf stem from the Forever Flourishing Dies in Crumb Cake. Stamp two berry stems in Soft Suede on Whisper White scrap and die cut with corresponding die from the Poinsettia dies.
8. Arrange and attach foliage to the top of the box as shown in photo with multipurpose liquid adhesive. Attach the Mint Macaron leaves to the back side of the poinsettia blossom using mini glue dots. Arrange one at the top and two at the bottom. Attach blossom to the box top using a dimensional.
I cut a piece of cotton quilt batting 3 1/8″ x 4″ to line the inside of the box. You could also use foam or cotton. Attach to the center of the box bottom with a small circle of multipurpose liquid adhesive.
I teach Chrismon classes in addition to Paper Pumpkin and Paper Crafting Classes. The Lacy Cross bead kit and instruction sheet are $10.00 if interested. Send a message to email@example.com and I can forward you the details. Already have the wire and beads, no problem, here is the instruction sheet to put yours together.
Thanks for checking back and hope your upcoming holidays are filled with many hand crafted treats, gifts and special packaging.